How does it work?
The Leading Futures Competition is a venture building competition sponsored by Banco Sabadell's innovation hub, InnoCells.
To participate, students have to register as a team (3-5 members per team) and submit a pitch deck, presenting a new digital venture for InnoCells.
Venture builders from InnoCells will choose 6 finalist teams. The finalist teams will be invited to an afternoon of workshops on Nov 23rd, where they will be able to fine tune their pitch. They will then pitch during the Leading Futures Conference on Nov 24th, in front of a panel of judges, including members of InnoCells, Business Models Inc and ESADE faculty.
The winners will be announced at the end of the conference. Prize money totaling €2500 will be shared between 1st and 2nd place.
Teams that are not selected for the final stage of the competition can purchase tickets separately to the Leading Futures Conference on Nov 24th.
The Competition Time Line
The competition starts as soon as you register and is guided by the following dates:
- Now – Register a team of 3 to 5 MBA students. The registration fee is €150 per team. Once registered, the case will be sent to you within 24h.
- October 29th at 11:59pm – Final day to submit your Investment Pitch (12 slides MAX - all inclusive)
- November 6th – Six finalist teams are announced
- November 23rd – Finalist work closely with InnoCells and Partners to finalize their pitches during workshops
- November 23rd at 11:59pm – Finalist submit their final pitch deck
- November 24th – Your big day! The final presentations during the Leading Futures conference.
The Investment Pitches will be judged according to the below criteria:
- Business Idea Novelty and Opportunity Size
- Problem Statement and Solution Effectiveness
- Business Models Effectives in Creating and Capturing Value
- Business Model Feasibility and Viability
All pitches will consist of a 15min presentation and a 5min Q&A.
- €2000 for the winning team
- €500 from the second place team
A €500 travel stipend is available for finalist team traveling from outside of Barcelona.
Ready to Disrupt the Financial Industry...
What is the case about?
The case this year is sponsored by Banco Sabadell's innovation hub, InnoCells.
Leading Future 2017 is all about envisioning the future of the financial services industry with the use of technology and innovation frameworks. Can you see into the future of this very old but rapidly changing industry?
InnoCells was founded in 2016 as Banco Sabadell’s hub of new digital businesses. InnoCells’ innovation model is flexible and agile, while their mandate is to launch new digital businesses outside the bank. InnoCells acts a business builder, creating and fostering new digital ventures. InnoCells' aim is to disrupt the banking industry from within. Can it be done and are you up to the challenge?
Upon registering your team for the case competition, you will receive a case study about InnoCells. We’ve done our homework and you will have plenty to work with. Using the report you need to decide on a customer segment to focus on, a new business venture to create within the segment and go to market strategy (GTMS) for your venture. The final deliverable for the case will be a 12 slide PowerPoint “investment pitch.”
The case will give you all the right tools and frameworks to create the next successful start-up including the ground-breaking Business Model Canvass created by Leading Futures 2017 partner Business Models Inc.
Put a team together and register to receive the case and build a new FinTech venture!